Monday, September 7, 2009

Meem' and Madeline

I have never wanted to be called the typical grandmother names. It made me feel old. I was only 41 years old when my first grandchild was born. Still young I thought. I was even pregnant with a surrogate child for a childless couple at the age of 42. As my baby sister put it I was a "KNOCK UP Grandmother". I came up with the name Meem'. When I was deciding on a name for our new company, I could not think of something that had a special meaning. Then one day when talking to my three year old granddaughter, we were talking about her great grandmother named "Granny". She told me that I was not a Granny,Mawmaw,or a Nana. I was just Meem'. That was it, the name I was waiting for. So you see it was my granddaughter, Madeline that named our new company. She is now over five years old and to her I am Just Meem'. Thanks Madeline, Meem' loves you.

4 comments:

  1. That is too cute! I tell Carly all the time that I just love that Lyla and your other grandkids call you Meem, and your husband T! It's adorable. I love those unique one-of-a-kind nicknames!

    Once again, I gotta tell you-- your stuff is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm posting a comment as your sister Terri so it's not from Just Meem. Guess it's because I created the blog for you under my name.

    Anyway, I love, love, love this picture and your story is pure and simple of what joy it is to be a grandmother. And you are now officially losing the race to have the most grandchildren -- you have 4 and I have 5 and one on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In addition, louis vuitton outlet the brand brand can be use rubber good producing handbags, translucent rubber handbags, getting a flourish of flower images, wealthy occasions over, also entire of profusion atmosphere, in summer time vivid chun xia take advantage of the most current design of handbags, much more can market the female's charm is wonderful condition.louis vuitton jewellery add-ons are also wonderful, and handbag is same, these times period of your time with bright-coloured color provides priority to tone. Necklace boldly producing utilization of huge stone beads strung together, pretty wealthy administrative ranges sense, is truly a see unforgettable. But, the brand brand of bracelets are also is dazzing, equipped with different colors, GUGGENHEIM bracelets are much more coarse and good two area for choice. placing on jewelry, even if only in anytime, placing on a plain coloured clothes, also can attract all eye balls and help one to acquire a myriad individuals fan.This yr chun xia's shoes series, apply brand brand low-key style, with easy lines supplementation the bright-color lizard press grain leather, product jointly a noble and wealthy summer time inhale sandals. In detail, the brand brand can be invested instead different thoughts, bowknot, flower-like tassel or beads and meticulous decoration etc, decorated with females not merely make shoes, Louis Vuitton Romantic Handbags and include taste a mischievous sense.

    ReplyDelete